We have had such a wonderful day in school today. It has been incredible!
The children (and grown ups) came to school with crazy hairstyles or wearing a crazy hat and ran a sponsored mile or even more!
We are all enjoying embracing the challenge of the Daily Mile – and we are so grateful to the PTFA for supporting the initiative with the playground markings. The sponsored event will not only raise funds for more exciting additions to our school but it also officially launched the Daily Mile Track in a fun way.
What is the Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a social physical activity, with children running or jogging – at their own pace – in the
fresh air with friends. Children can occasionally walk to catch their breath, if necessary, but should aim to
run or jog for the full 15 minutes.
The Daily Mile Works!
– It takes place in 15 minutes, with most children averaging a mile, or more, each day.
– Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier.
– There’s no set up, tidy up, or equipment required.
– No staff training is needed and there is no extra workload for teachers.
– Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing time is needed.
– It’s social, non-competitive and fun.
– The children return to class ready to learn.
– It helps to improve fitness and achieve a healthy weight.
– It encourages children to be aware of their health.
– It’s fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile.